PDX Etsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PDX Etsy

A place for members of PDX Etsy to network, share information and hang out

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is this "I Heart Art" all about?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leah Pellegrini

Leah Pellegrini

What is this "I Heart Art" all about? Empty
PostSubject: What is this "I Heart Art" all about?   What is this "I Heart Art" all about? EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Quote :
Etsy is announcing that we are joining forces with the Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) and the Portland Etsy Team. We're calling our collaboration "I Heart Art: Portland." We are forging this ongoing relationship to foster opportunities and offer support for the local DIY/craft/vintage community. As a group, we'll be partnering to host a series of indie business talks at PNCA's Museum of Contemporary Craft and a series of Etsy Craft Labs this spring. (In addition to our regular Craft Nights at the Etsy Labs in Brooklyn, we've started collaborating with other museums such as the Museum of Arts and Design in New York and the Museum of Craft and Folk Art in San Francisco for similar hands-on sessions.)

Supporting local economies — especially through independent businesses — is important for Etsy, as a company and as a website built up on a vast network of local communities. Art schools and museums can help Etsy by serving as a home base for the local art and craft movement's events, and Etsy can help by connecting curators, professors, students and members through our mutual passion for art, design, collecting and learning. We are thinking of this project in Portland as a pilot for Etsy's outreach to local communities. Hopefully, Etsy will bring "I Heart Art" to other cities after this first run gets off the ground.

this is a quote from Etsy's blog the Storque - click here to read more
Back to top Go down
http://www.leahglass.com

What is this "I Heart Art" all about?
Page 1 of 1